13 March 2011

Game Review: Restaurant Story

Game: Restaurant Story
Platform: iPhone 4
Started Playing: December 2010
Current Level: 43

Synopsis:
The #1 FREE iPhone and iPad virtual world "Story" series returns with Restaurant Story! Design your own dream restaurant to show off to your friends. Don't forget to make sure your customers are happy and well-fed by choosing stunning decoration and tasty new dishes! New content will be released EVERY WEEK so the game continually gets even better!

Review:
This is essentially the same game as Bakery Story, with the exception that
  1. The food you get to cook is different
  2. The furniture you get to purchase is different
  3. and lastly, the interface is slightly different (seriously, it is just that bit different)
So... not too sure how to review it, since I will feel like I am repeating myself. The aim, as usual, is to level up, decorate and have the most beautiful restaurant ever, which is why they insist that you must have neighbours (my Storm8 ID is leewaythegreat if you wanna add) is to increase this sense of competitiveness...

E.g. Oh.. I just visited one of my neighbours, or random restaurant, and their decor and restaurant is soo cool and soo nice, so I have to play more to earn more money and diamonds, so that I too can decorate better. (Note, do NOT ever use your diamonds to instantly cook your food, or to revive it if it's spoilt, that is the worst waste of diamonds ever. Save them, cuz seriously, there is no urgency. If it's spoilt, just cook a new pot, doesn't matter if your popularity ratings drop, cuz when you start serving again, it will just go back up. There is no backlash, and no virtually programmed customer is going to feel hurt that you didn't feed them for a day or two) So you play more and try to earn more, so that you can increase the size of your restaurant and improve the furniture you purchase, etc.

Fun game. Considering that I am still at it, although I cook really long term dishes (minimum 1-day dishes) these days, as I don't have time to keep checking in on the food when it's cook. Anyhow, still entertaining, graphics are pretty, and yes, I am into the brown/red theme for now. Wonder how long this theme will last. Hiakz...

No comments: