20 August 2012

greetings greetings...



and so... after another rather long hiatus... I am now blogging... from my biscuit store again... yup, the one located at Tanjong Pagar... one of the auntie's mom was hospitalized so I am standing in...

And since things are really slow, typical for a "holiday" after a public holiday... I am now able to indulge in my latest toy... the iPad3.. :)

In my defense, I am fully aware that I shouldn't be spending money on gadgets like these, and so I am very proud to announce that I WON this iPad in a competition. I wouldn't go into details, but let's just say it was an amazing streak of luck and it was in a competition where I can rightly say is not my strength.

On another rather random note, I now realize that I am unable to upload photos taken from my iPad into the blog. Hmm... Ah well, I can always add in a photo or two when I am home (assuming I remember and can be bothered to)

And I have been travelling abit lately, for fun, for work.  Let's see...  popped into Kuala Lumpur for a day trip, that's for business... then I was at Kuching for 4 days 3 nights... extremely fun trip.. got sun burnt, but it was all worth it. I wish I could have pushed myself abit more, but then hey, retrospectively, I am on holiday. There is no need to push myself that hard.

Oh, and to add on, although this is not an overseas travel item... I was at Pulau Ubin for quite a few times for sailing expeditions on a cutter. :) hehehe.. fun stuff. Also, I am somewhat prone to sea sickness when waters get choppy... nothing major and most times, I can keep myself from puking Haha.. but dammit, it feels bad!!

And finally, tried rock climbing a couple of times. Pretty fun stuff too. Of course, my wall is an "easy" wall... but still, something worth exploring as a fun activity too. :) I wonder if I should pursue this interest. It is less "sicky" as compared to sailing.

For the next two months, I am headed to Kluang for a wedding, Malacca for another short weekend with friends, Bangkok with my colleagues, then Malacca again for team building. :) Finally, will end the year with a 10-day meditation session in Kelantan. I am really supporting the Malaysia tourism industry haha... 

Rock climbing... YD... you rock climb right? Where ah? Do we need to buy gear or can we just borrow/rent?

3 comments:

Storm Bunny said...

Hello Girl! Good to read you again! You've been dearly missed. I've a penpal in Malaysia, so when you mentioned Kuching and all the other places, my ears pointed up in attention.

Answering your question, I wouldn't climb rocks - I'm too chicken for that. I did climb to the top of the Rock Church in Finland (the Temppeliaukion Krikko), but that's as high as I go.

The Smiley Grouch said...

Yes, been guilty of neglecting my blog hehe... :) and rock climbing is pretty fun, although its tiring :)

Not much danger involved so long as you take the necessary precautions hehe... My wall is onebi those artificial walls (the type with colorful stones), so it's pretty easy hehe

Storm Bunny said...

^_^ Easy or not, you wouldn't catch me dead near one of those, but I'm cheering for you from the safely of firm ground.

So, how's work? Coworkers and boss playing nice? Hope so! You get lots of trips from the company too! That must be really awesome. Our last "trip" was out of the building when they evacuated it after the Earthquake. :-P