20 April 2015

"An inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention" - Steve Maraboli


Perhaps it's time to start sharing on about what it feels like to start your own company. To be without the support of giant organizations that will churn in the profit, without you having to actively contribute to the profit margin. It used to be that you would just need to focus on doing your job (and sometimes, those around you) and to do it darn well. You will already reap the rewards.

But when you are striving to break the ceiling, to push forward and be a success, you start being very focused on the goals. Financial goals, milestones, plans to get you to where you expect your company to be, what is the end game? 

It is exciting and tiring at the same time. Sometimes I feel that, the volume of things I have to learn and quickly become experienced in will overwhelm me. And here I always thought I was a pretty decent student and that I pick up stuff fast. 

I have never been a very goal driven person, I have been blessed that I can achieve most things just digging in my feet and pushing at it. But I have never been tested to stretching point and failure is not an option. 

I am not one to regret the decisions I have made in life, but what it does mean that now, I am stretching muscles that previously have not been used. It is tiring to always put the pressure of monitoring progress, to always review plans and ensure that I am still moving towards my goal. I have to monitor if the progress is up to speed, if it can be faster, or is the plan still appropriate. You do not start a company to have it fail because you did not do everything possible to make it a success. 

Dig Deep. Focus. There is no retreat. Keep moving forward.

And a truly inspirational video, also about inches, is the famous Al Pacino Speech in the movie Any Given Sunday. I feel charged up every time I hear this speech.

No comments: